a corny confession haha

I hate to sound religious, but let me begin this with some biblical reminders:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love doest not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails…” 1 Cor 13:4-8

I’m starting to realize why with all the adjectives that may describe what love is, what love is not, what love does, and what love does not, it is the word “patient” that comes first. And I’m afraid if I’m receiving the wrong message.

I’ve been patient with so many things throughout my life, not with love though. Ever since I believe that expression of love is not anyone’s choice, but everyone’s obligation, a 24-7 service to everyone around us.  But this open love is not just the one that conquers a man, and makes him feel a little different. For this love makes every second of life into a lifetime, which just makes the waiting much longer, much exciting, though sometimes much stressful and oftentimes tiring. I’m talking about love for a special someone, regardless of whether she treats you the same.

In our conventional community where the value of a man is measured by how much he accomplishes, how much he achieves and how much he has, how much he can give and how much he can still do, a gentleman who just wants to express his thoughts and share what he feels inside is easily branded as very emotional, unfairly tagging him as emo. But for those who have enough mind to understand and enough heart to appreciate, they would say it’s just natural for him showing the other side of the coin. What can he do? He’s just a helpless man in love, even if he doesn’t like it that way.

Maybe it’s just time for me to accept that my life doesn’t revolve only in that three-letter word emo, or reverse ome. I almost forgot that it has to begin and end with the two R’s that are just begging to be noticed of and given much more attention:  Respect for ourselves, and Rest for our hearts. (echos!)

Am I becoming too emotional with this once again? Maybe. Sounds desperate? Absolutely not. But I think it’s more of becoming myself, my true self who for some reason I’m still trying to figure out was given  a gentle heart…uhm…a loving yet fragile heart might be the more appropriate words.

I’m quite sure that I’ll be laughing on this if ever this article will come my way once again; a couple of weeks will probably do. In the meantime, I’ll just let myself believe the last verse above and see if anything changes, hoping that it would be my next story in our next issue.

[reposting from Multiply]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...