Reminiscing My First Love

Yesterday night I was with a company of friends in McDo Commonwealth, when one of the members of the group disclosed his wondering on why he’s now a CPA and lawyer working in the BIR national office  yet being aware that his first love is really on farming.
His remark suddenly hit me.
I unconsciously automatically assessed myself.
I know deep inside that ever since I was a little boy, my first love, how corny it may seem, is really on farming too.
Yes I really wanted to be a farmer (and a fisherman actually).
The mess of holding wet sticky soil, playing with seeds of different variant, climbing up trees etc. were my delight during childhood days.
Feeding pigs, catching chickens and doves,  squeezing cows for its milk are just some of my ideal dreams.
I still recall my early high school days when we (with my friends) would wake up early in the morning, meet in our basketball court and proceed to a near forest to catch salagubang and harvest santol.
Now a licensed engineer, yet also working in the world’s number 1 technology company, these young dreams still haunt me whenever I feel its slightest manifestation.
I just love the scenery of a wide serene green land with a vast blue sky above it, plus a mighty carabao trying his best to plow the sticky soft mud.
Whenever I pass through the NLEX,  I can’t help but imagine myself living in that isolated nipa hut at the middle of the entire land at both sides of the road with overspeeding cars, excited for the next morning to  shine on.
I remember last Dec2010 when I together with some friends visited a common friend in Pampanga.
Their location was fantastic.
Around fifteen minutes of travel after a near NLEX exit, and you’d immediately find yourself blessed by the priceless promise of a province.
I know it might be very shallow for many, but it’s those precious moments that make me truly feel thrilled and overjoyed. The inside feeling while walking through the grasses was one of the best moments I ever had.
The best was when we visited a neighbor that has several mango trees humbly kneeling down on the ground, with fruits hanging and just waiting for anyone to be picked, with long bamboo ladder laid on its large trunk to aid anyone who’ll take the challenge of getting higher.
The free shade offered by the tree, the noise of the goats and hens with the little chicks swiftly following their mother chicken, the gentle hush of the wind, the beam of light passing through the thick dark-green leaves, the brown soft soil - all combine to give that splendid relaxing ambiance the metropolis could never ever offer.
johnrich,tes,ako,gladys,david
That’s almost a perfect life! At least for me.
First love really never dies.
And I commit to realize it at least in the next ten years.
Just so excited!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...