22 Wishes for my 22nd Birthday!

Wheeee!.
Tomorrow, I’ll be turning 22!
(Yeap, I’m that young!  I thank my parents for not using contraceptives and condoms during their honeymoon :P)
Which means I’ve been over this planet for 21 years!
And reflecting on it, the whole year from July 10 2010 to July 20 2011 is by far the most “core-year” of my life! Everything that transpired during the last year will seem to have a fruitful lasting effect to all  my other pages to come. It’s like I was born again!
Haha actually, that’s a pattern I discovered early this year, that this life gets more and more challenging yet exciting through the ages.
But for the last year it’s most probably because it coincides with my stepping on the new phase of my life as a working man after graduation, plus the painful-from-start-but-rewarding-in-the-end journey of a recovering brokenhearted guy. Wushu ^^.
Now my heart cannot contain the joy and hope it has inside. I thank my previous love for breaking my heart, giving way for me to find out that life has more in store for me, and then all the people around me who served as Daddy’s channel of His undeserved unconditional love.
To share, one of the most significant highlights I had was the change of some of my core life beliefs.  I have come to realize that in the past several years I was holding (subconsciously) some beliefs which I found out are not really supportive for my goals.
My world was rocked insight after insight, lesson after lesson, day after day.
And one of it is in the idea of receiving.
After I read a book, and munched it for some time, I decided to start being a good receiver!
Now that’s shocking for me!
Before, I really felt awkward being on the receiving end.
Whenever I would do something, and someone would give something in return, I just wouldn’t accept it. Or at least I would accept it half-heartedly.
Deep inside I would answer “oh, forget that, it’s my service to you. It’s everyone’s calling to help…”
In hindsight, it was because of my religious belief that giving is better than receiving.
Thanks to Dad I know better now!
While I still keep the high value of giving, now I also understand that my saying NO to receive also somehow discredits the generous action of the giver. That every time I decline, I rob him of the same opportunity I wanted to have.
The moment I realized that, I told the universe that from day on, I would start to have a cheerful receiving heart, ready to embrace the abundance of all of God’s creation. And it started a brand new world… a new life… a new me…
With that said, lemme  give you that chance of being in  the giving end. Hehe.
Don’t worry, according to a friend (who celebrates his birthday a day after mine, Jully11), every atom of this universe follows the law of receiving through giving! J That’s one of the greatest irony of life.
So to give you that opportunity of giving, here is a short list of my wishes! Whaha. 
For those who can afford a little:
1.       A coin purse.  The last one I had was a souvenir from a friend from Baguio, that small red woven purse, but sadly it just went out of my sight one day.
2.       A copy of any of the following:
            facing the giants
rudy
brian's song
seabiscuit
the express
we are marshall
friday night lights
glory road
shawshank redemption
good will hunting
finding forrester
field of dreams
rocky
hotel rwanda
cinderalla man
remember the titans


Got this list of inspiring movies from a forum.  I realized I have fewer idols now, and I feel the need to add more.  Recently, I included Ninoy Aquino after I watched a documentary film about him; the latest is Ryan Bang for being such a true person and true sport in the local showbiz!
3.       A comb. I just have the most disobedient hair-type!  I want a thin tiny comb I can bring anywhere I go, for disciplinary measures. J
This second list is for those who can afford more than a little!
4.       A flash drive, this got lost together with my coin purse above.
5.       A SmartBro/Globe Tatoo kit – also got lost together with my flash drive.
 I had my SmartBro when SMART gave free units in our univerisity. Luckily, we were happy going that time to UP shopping center while they were still doing their set-ups, so we were among the first who signed-up in their list.
6.       A Swatch Watch! This is the most personal for me.  The last I had was my first personal purchase worth a few thousands financed by my part-time work as an ES1 student assistant.  It’s my first buy out of my own toil and sweat. (actually walang sweat, hehe)
7.       A Silver necklace. I just love the simplicity of the color silver. It appears to me as the most sincere color. Haha.
8.      A book by Kuya Bo Sanchez, Awaken the healer in you, yes, I really still have a lot of rooms for improvement!
Finally this third list is for those who prefer to give in a more intimate way J:
9.     Your prayer for my personal prayer #1
10.   Your prayer for my personal prayer #2
11.   Your prayer for my personal prayer #3
12.   Your prayer for my personal prayer #4
13.   Your prayer for my personal prayer #5
14.   Your prayer for my personal prayer #6

Sorry, I was planning to have 22 wishes, but you see, I just can't think anymore of what to add in my life.

I am fortunate I had decided to live a simple life, with all its imperfections.
Everything I enjoy is readily available to me, the  wide blue sky, the cirrus and cumulus clouds, the birds flying, the planes flying (I love seeing this in our office!), the trees growing, the mountains, the fields, the people, the kids,..
Oh, and those mumbo jumbo secret prayers, , if you don’t pray for something you don’t know, as I said, I started not to look a gift horse in the mouth, whaha.
Happy birthday to all celebrants!
fun fun fun,,,
- oMeN-
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...